Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
The department has been functioning since the inception of this prestigious institution in 1985 under Karnataka University, Dharwad and was recognized by Dental Council of India and Govt. of India in 1989.
The postgraduate training programme was started in 1991 and recognized in 1994 for 02 Post Graduate Students.
From the academic year 1996-97 the department was affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University. From the year 2006, the institution acquired deemed status (KLE University) with 5 postgraduates for every academic year. A certificate course “Excellence in Esthetics” was introduced from the academic year 2007. The overall efficiency of the department is reflected in annual undergraduate and postgraduate success rates as it has always been above 75%.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To implement innovative programmes for students to make the teaching, learning and evaluation most effective.
- To train students into dental professionals with global competency to deliver quality patient care.
- To strengthen and develop faculty by encouraging them to attend continuous dental education programmes and inculcate research.
- To upgrade infrastructure and resources to meet the demands of changing times.
- To achieve a high degree of clinical proficiency in the subject and develop an equally apt competence in research pertinent to current areas in the specialty.
- To train the students should achieve academic excellence, provide the best oral health care, and engage in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors to improve the health of the highly diverse population of India.
- Restorative Treatments
- Amalgam Restoration
- Composite Restorations
- Cast Restorations
- Metal Crowns
- Esthetic Enhancements and Smile Designing
- Ceramic Crowns
- PFM Crown
- Metal Free Ceramics
- Diastema Closure
- Vital Pulp Therapy
- Root canal Treatment
- Endodontic Surgery
- Management of Dental Trauma
- Post and Core